Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
This is my weekly gratitude post where I share 5 things that I am grateful for over the last 7 days. Being grateful and focusing on the positives of our days and week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things. It can also help with worry and anxiety.
Here are 5 things I am grateful for this week
- I have been nominated for a UK Blog Award ? I am thrilled! My blog has got through to the second stage and is in the mental health category. I would love it if you would take 30 seconds to vote for me – in fact, it probably won’t even take that long. You can click here and all you need to do is click the ‘Vote Now’ button at the top of the page. The closing date is 21st December and the shortlisted finalists are announced on 4th January 2019.
- I decided to do some more cooking this week, mainly to have some new tasty meals for our dinners and lunches, but also to keep busy and try some new recipes. I have made a gnocchi dish, my favourite slow cooker dish, and two soups – leek, potato and bacon, and a butternut squash and parmesan.
- My better half bought me some flowers, which included my favourite flower, the Gerbera.
- I FaceTimed my nephew for the first time. He’s only 3 months old, so didn’t have a clue what was going on, who I was, or what was happening, but it was lovely to see him again – I’ve not seen him since he was a week old, apart from in photos of course.
- I’m also on a bit of a health kick again this week, and have started doing my skipping again. I need to build it up slowly so I don’t hurt my leg muscles too much and have more pain to cope with. I have set myself a goal of doing 1000 skips each time and I aim to beat my time whenever I do it, which will be about 3 times a week.
What are you grateful for this week?
Why not get involved and share your 5 things on the Facebook page Practicing gratitude for good mental health.