Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
I am very proud to announce that Notebooks and Glasses has been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by Chronically Hopeful. This award?is given to bloggers by bloggers in recognition of their hard work and contribution to the community.?In particular, the Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who bring sunshine and cheer to the blogging community with their inspirational posts.
Who nominated me?
A huge thank you to Char at Chronically Hopeful for the June 2018 nomination.
It is always an achievement to be recognised by other bloggers, especially those in a similar niche.
Char writes some very informative posts about her life with an invisible chronic illness, as well as others topics such as her Christian faith, arts and crafts, and the ketogenic and low histamine ways of eating, which Char uses to manage her ME/CFS and intolerances.
Questions from Chronically Hopeful
How long have you been blogging & why did you start your blog?
I started blogging in September 2017, so about 10 months now.
I started my blog to mainly help others cope better with their chronic pain and to live a more positive life by inspiring them to do the things they enjoy. I also thought it would be a useful way of helping me cope better with my own chronic pain.
How did you come up with your blog’s name?
The title of my blog is a type of metaphor, but it also ties in with my belief that my pain should not be the focus of my life. I didn?t want anything related to the words chronic pain in my blog title. It also relates to my blog slogan of ‘living a positive life with chronic pain: my words and observations’. Plus, I love notebooks and glasses!
What is your dream or long-term goal for your blog?
I would love to blog full-time, but I’m a long way off doing that. Ultimately the aim of my blog is to serve my readers and help them carry on enjoying life despite their chronic pain. And maybe one day my blog will turn in to a book.
What is the most difficult part about blogging?
I love having a blogging schedule and setting my own deadlines to help my readers know when to expect a new blog post. It also keeps me organised and focussed too. But the times I struggle are when my pain takes over, and I reluctantly have to rest. This often puts on extra pressure and I feel I am letting my readers down when I don’t stick to my weekly schedule.
Share a favourite post you have written – why do you love this post?
One of my favourites posts is 10 ways to?use distraction as a pain relief. I loved writing this post. It gives some really practical advice to my readers to hopefully help them cope better with their chronic pain. I’ve had some really positive feedback and comments about it too.
Have you read some of my other blog-related posts?
Just For Fun
If you could choose, would you rather be a dolphin or an eagle – why?
I’d have to choose an eagle. I’m not a fan of being in water (on it, yes, in it, no), and much prefer the amazing views you get from the air. It would also be amazing to just swoop around and observe everything around you, like an eagle does.
When you were little, what did you want to be as a grown up?
I think I changed my mind every week. One week it was a vet, the next a journalist, the next a police woman. I never really set my heart on anything if I’m honest. I once did a career survey at school and the top suggestion was a builder!
What does your perfect day look like – where are you, what are you doing, who’s there?
I am on a beach with my amazing partner, Miss C, and my two Westies. The beach is empty and we have it all to ourselves. The sun is shining, the sea is blue, and the sand is golden and soft under our feet. There’s no time, no need to leave, and we are very much in the moment and having fun.
If you could visit any fictional world, where would you go – what do you love about it?
I’m really struggling with this question. I think I’d love to visit some of the worlds where my favourite dramas are filmed, such as Broadchurch, The Fall, 13 Reasons Why, and any Nicola Walker series. I’d love to be an observer right where the action is happening.
Words you live by?
I believe in fate – things happen for a reason.
Here are my nominees
These blogs may or may not have already received a Sunshine Blogger Award, but I think they deserve another one.
- Rachael’s Thoughts – Rachael blogs about all kinds of things and I love her relaxed, chatty style.
- Nicola J Ogston – Nicola blogs about parenting and disability and has a really good mix of posts where anyone can learn a thing or two – her blog headlines draw me in.
- Milly’s Guide – Laura’s blog inspired me to do my weekly gratitude post. I love how honest and brave she is talking about her mental health and she is really inspiring.
- Wheelescapades – Gemma writes a variety of blog posts covering different topics about disability and the things she gets up to. I love her sense of humour and her thoughts on real-life events.
- Gin & Lemonade – Lorna writes about a lot of things that I love: coffee, books, and blogging. And her posts about her sarcastic daughter are very comical. I’m excited about being a part of her Facebook Group, Blogging and a Beverage.
Go and show your support for these fellow bloggers ?- share or comment on their posts, they’ll love you for it.
The Sunshine Blogger Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 12*?new blogs to receive the award and write them 10 new questions.
- List the rules and display the?Sunshine Blogger Award?badge in your post or on your blog.
* I’ve gone for 5 too – I don’t know 12 blogs to nominate.
The questions for my nominees
- Which celebrity would you love to feature on your blog and why?
- What’s been your biggest blogging challenge so far?
- Where is your favourite place to write your blog posts?
- Which is your most popular blog post, and why do you think this is?
- What’s your favourite piece of blogging equipment (app, IT equipment, stationery etc.)?
- If you could learn any skill, what would it be?
- What would be the name you give to a future pet?
- Do you prefer being by the seaside or in a city?
- What is the one thing you could not give up in life?
- What food do you detest?
A huge thank you again to Char at Chronically Hopeful. I’ve really enjoyed answering your questions and coming up with my own for my nominees.
To my nominees
I hope you enjoy answering my questions but there is no pressure to take part in this if you’d rather not.
If you like my blog and posts, subscribe below and get notified every time I publish a new blog post.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]