Some posts on NotebooksandGlasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
This is my weekly post where I share what I have been grateful for over the last week. Being grateful and focusing on the positives of our days and week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things.
Pin this ↓
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can’t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Being grateful is a simple way to try to change your mindset and it soon becomes a habit the more you do it.
I recently did a book review of Betsy Craig’s book Unstoppable: A recipe for success in life and business. One of Betsy’s principles is gratitude and this is summed up extremely well in the quote below:
“Coming from a space of gratitude can change your perspective and outlook on life. It causes you to open your eyes and notice the good things happening all around you. It doesn’t mean there won’t be challenges, but they are no longer the focus. Your attention falls on what you do have instead of what you don’t.”
I was inspired to do a weekly gratitude blog post after reading the #FridayFive posts on Milly’s Guide.
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week:
1. I had a weekend in London with Miss C and we climbed the O2. I’m grateful that we managed it and I didn’t get vertigo. I’m also grateful for both the glorious sunshine and the breeze (to keep us cooler while we climbed), and the amazing views from the top. Look out for my I’m so glad I… post next Wednesday to read more.
2. We had an amazing meal at our London hotel on Saturday night. The food was amazing! The service was faultless! And the views over London were spectacular! There’ll be more about this in Wednesday’s blog post.
3. I received another Blogger Award this week, and I’m always so so grateful for these. This time I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Char at Chronically Hopeful. Look out for my post on Sunday all about this.
Have you read some of my recent blog posts?
4. Like most English people, I am grateful that England beat Colombia on penalties in the World Cup. It was a brilliant match, and we certainly deserved to win. I’ll be watching the game on Saturday and routing the boys for another win to get us through to the semi-finals.
5. A lot of the things I talk about in these posts have related to the recent hot weather and the sunshine we’ve been having. This week it has still been extremely warm and sunny but I am grateful for the breeze we’ve had over the last few days. It’s certainly made a difference in cooling down our house, my dogs, and made it more bearable to settle outside in the garden and soak up some vitamin D.
What are you grateful for this week? share in the comments below.
If you like my blog and posts, subscribe below and get notified every time I publish a new blog post.