This post may contain affiliate links.
I was inspired by the blog Milly’s Guide to do a regular #FridayFive gratitude blog post of my own. Focusing on what we are grateful for and the positives of our week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things.
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can’t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Practicing gratitude is a simple way to try to change your mindset and it easily becomes a habit the more you do it.
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week:
1. I said this the last time we had one, but I am so grateful for the Bank Holiday weekend. That extra day to spend with my family and doing the things we want to do really does make a difference. We had another productive weekend (in fact, another good mix of socialising, doing chores, and spending quality time together like I spoke about last week), and on Monday we decided to do very little. We spent most of the day in the garden, just chilling – reading, chatting, and having a gin!
2. Following on from the above, I am grateful for another sunny and (very) warm Bank Holiday. Usually in this country we get rain. But for both of the May Bank Holidays we had glorious sunshine, which allowed us to chill in the garden. If anything it was too hot (another typical British thing – moan about it being too far too warm).
3. Again, following on from the above, I’m grateful for the outdoor tap which allowed me to cool down Milo (one of my Westies). He loves trying to catch the water when we spray him; something that makes me laugh every time he does it. Wesley (my other Westie) isn’t a fan of water, and he hid straight away.
4. Last week my partner went out one evening, so I decided to treat myself to an Indian takeaway. I often plan this, but usually talk myself out of it, because having a takeaway on your own is not as fun as sharing it with someone. But I went for it last week. I am so grateful for such a delicious meal, and the leftovers for lunch the next day.
5. On Saturday I went out for my partner’s brother’s finance’s birthday. I was a little nervous as we were meeting some of her family that we’ve never met before. My partner doesn’t really get nervous, just me. But I had such a brilliant time. There was quite a big group of us so I didn’t get chance to chat to everyone, but those who I did were so friendly and welcoming, and really make me (us) feel a part of the family. Oh and I’m grateful we also made it in time for the 2-4-1 cocktails 🙂
What are you grateful for this week?