Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
This is my weekly gratitude post where I share 5 things that I am grateful for over the last 7 days. Being grateful and focusing on the positives of our days and week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things. It can also help with worry and anxiety.
Here are 5 things I am grateful for this week
1. I am grateful for my continued motivation in trying to be healthier and do more exercise. I’ve achieved my goal of doing skipping three times a week, and having a goal of beating my previous reps in 10 minutes is keeping me motivated. I use an indoor skipping rope because it is far too cold outside to skip.
2. I posted on my Instagram page that I had found £30 in the supermarket and I handed it back in. I was grateful that the man who had lost it was so grateful, and that I had made his day by making sure he got it back.
3. I’m grateful for the comments I have had on my latest blog post. I am always inspired to keep on writing my blog when I get feedback to say that it has helped people understand more about chronic pain, especially when they know someone who has it and ultimately it will hopefully help them too.
4. This week I pushed myself out of my comfort zone. I normally work from home but I was invited to attend an awards ceremony in work because my team had been nominated. I always worry how I’m going to manage my pain when I’m away from my safe environment of home, but I really wanted to go, so I did. I’m grateful that I got through it and I thoroughly enjoyed it too. Oh, and we won the award 😃.
5. I’m grateful for the Chinese takeaway Miss C and I had after a very busy day for both of us in work.
What are you grateful for this week?
Why not get involved and share your 5 things on the Facebook page Practicing gratitude for good mental health.