Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
This is my weekly post where I share what I have been grateful for over the last week. Being grateful and focusing on the positives of our days and week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things. It can also help with worry and anxiety.
Pin this ↓
I was inspired to do a weekly gratitude blog post after reading the #FridayFive posts on Milly’s Guide. Mental Health Advocate, Lauren Ephithite, has a Facebook group where we are encouraged to share the five things we are grateful for each week.
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can’t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Being grateful is a simple way to try to change your mindset and it soon becomes a habit the more you do it.
In my book review of Betsy Craig’s book Unstoppable: A recipe for success in life and business. One of Betsy’s principles is gratitude and this is summed up extremely well in the quote below:
“Coming from a space of gratitude can change your perspective and outlook on life. It causes you to open your eyes and notice the good things happening all around you. It doesn’t mean there won’t be challenges, but they are no longer the focus. Your attention falls on what you do have instead of what you don’t.”
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week:
1. Last week whilst on holiday in Scotland, I went bowling with Miss C. I haven’t played in years, but I got a strike on my first go. I was both shocked and impressed!
2. We went for a family meal the night before my parents left to go on their second week away to Gairloch on the west cost of the Highlands. I booked the table in advance, and like I always do, I asked for some comfy seating so I could manage my pain better. We turned up and found out there was another booking under the name of ‘Ali’ – who’d have thought. They ended up taking our table. Rather than make a fuss I just accepted the table we were given. Miss C insisted on getting my cushion from the car so that I could enjoy my meal in comfort. I am so so grateful as I was too embarrassed go and get it.
3. I was extremely grateful to get home without any hold-ups.
Have you read some of my other blog posts? Pin them for later if you don’t have time to read them now.
4. I’ve moved to a new web host this week. I’m now with SiteGround. They migrated my website for me and there was only one slight hiccup (my images wouldn’t upload) but SiteGround sorted this for me straight away. I’m grateful that it has been a simple move. I highly recommend them as their customer service is brilliant, and I also love the layout of the platform – it is so easy to use.
5. I made a delicious Tikka chicken salad, with roasted chickpeas, and raita.
What are you grateful for this week?
Share in the comments below or why not join in on Lauren’s Facebook page.
If you like my blog and posts, subscribe below and get notified every time I publish a new blog post.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]