Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
Out of every ending comes a new beginning. I was gutted (so bloody gutted) when my favourite blogging Facebook group, Big Up Your Blog, closed it’s doors and ceased to exist. This was the very first blogging group I joined and I made some really great blogging friends – many of them I still keep in touch with and love reading their blog posts. Em (one of these friends) at?Em Linthorpe, has created a new Facebook group where many of us from Big Up Your Blog have joined – yay! It’s called?the Pickled Blog Project. And a new hashtag was born – #PickledBlogs tag
How to play
- Answer the questions.
- Link back to this very post.
- Use the hashtag #PickledBlogs?on any social media shares so everyone can find your post, and in the title of the blog post too if you like.
- Feel free to tag some of your blogging friends at the end.
1. What is your favourite pickled item to eat?
I have to say my Dad’s pickled beetroot. He grew the beetroot in our veg garden and then chucked it in some vinegar and popped it in a sandwich. A toasted sandwich. Delicious! Other than that it has to be the piece of pickled gherkin in a McDonald’s cheeseburger. Most people I know chuck this on the floor – shock horror!! – but I love it. I can never recreate the same floppiness with my own gherkins from a jar.
2. Tell us about a time you were in a ?bit of a pickle? (a tough situation)
I once went to a friend’s partner’s house for dinner and they cooked a delicious dinner for me and my other half. I sat at the table and my dinner plate was placed in front of me and there was a huge pile of peas on it – I HATE PEAS! I didn’t want to be rude so I ate them – bleuuurrgghh.
3. Pickle Rick, a character from Rick and Morty, is a personal hero of mine. Who are your heroes?
I have a few heroes:
My partner, Jamie Oliver, Matt Cho, P!nk, Andy Murray.
4. If you had to live in a jar, what three items would you take with you?
Ooh good question. If my family (my partner an two Westies) were with me, I’d say:
- My phone – just because, who wouldn’t.
- My Kindle – I’d use the app on my phone but my batter would die quicker, and we don’t want that.
- My glasses – so I could read everything in the jar with me.
If my family weren’t with me, I’d take them. Obvs! Oh and my phone.
This post has been fun. Why don’t you do one too? I TAG YOU! Head on over to Em’s Pickled Blog page to read more.
If you like my blog and posts, subscribe below and get notified every time I publish a new blog post.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]