Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
This is my weekly post where I share what I have been grateful for over the last week.?Being grateful and focusing on the positives of our days and week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things.
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can?t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Being grateful is a simple way to try to change your mindset and it soon becomes a habit the more you do it.
I recently did a book review of Betsy Craig’s book Unstoppable: A recipe for success in life and business.?One of Betsy?s principles is gratitude and this?is summed up extremely well in the quote below:
?Coming from a space of gratitude can change your perspective and outlook on life. It causes you to open your eyes and notice the good things happening all around you. It doesn?t mean there won?t be challenges, but they are no longer the focus. Your attention falls on what you do have instead of what you don?t.?
I was inspired to do a weekly gratitude blog post after reading the #FridayFive posts on Milly’s Guide.
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week:
1. On Sunday I got up early and went for a walk on the beach with my Westies. The sun was still rising and there weren’t many people about. The boys had a good run round and the early morning fresh air made me feel so much more energised.
2. I’m grateful for the wonderful impromptu dinner night with my better half at our local Turkish restaurant. We’d both had a really stressful week and just wanted to get out the house and spend some quality time together. We went for a short evening stroll afterwards too.
3. On Tuesday evening I had a really productive blogging session. I edited and scheduled 4 blog posts and got a few other things done on my to do list.
Have you read some of my recent blog posts?
4. I’m grateful for my mum and dad popping in to see me on the way home from a few days in Scotland. They had a fantastic time and the few days away have done them the world of good. They also bought us some chocolate cows!
5. I’m extremely grateful for my hot water bottle this week. I’ve had neck pain and endo pain and my hot water bottle is essential in helping the pain go away (along with medication for my endo pain).
What are you grateful for this week? share in the comments below.
If you like my blog and posts, subscribe below and get notified every time I publish a new blog post.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]