Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
I was inspired by the blog Milly’s Guide to do a regular #FridayFive gratitude blog post of my own. Focusing on what we are grateful for and the positives of our week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things.
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can?t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Practicing gratitude is a simple way to try and change your mindset and it easily becomes a habit the more you do it.
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week:
1. We went to our gin tasting event on Saturday (I mentioned this in last week’s FridayFive post) and had such a fantastic time. The ticket included 4 different gin and tonics, and you could purchase extra ones for ?3 – an absolute bargain! There were a few nibbles and snacks, including some gin cheesecake, and live jazz music. We got chatting to a lovely couple sat next to us, and I found out she too has chronic pain.
2. On Sunday morning I had my first lie-in for months. I’ve really enjoyed getting up early both on weekends and before work to spend time on my blog, but I was ready and grateful for a good lie-in to catch up on my sleep.
3. One of my recent blog posts, Everyday tasks I struggle to do with my chronic pain was featured in the Chronic Illness Bloggers Monthly Edit – The best posts across the network for June. I was so grateful and made up with this.
4. After completing my book review for The Pain Companion, I was contacted by the same publishing company and asked if I wanted to do another book review for them. Again, I was so grateful and thrilled and really chuffed with myself for (hopefully) doing a good job on my previous book review. Read it here Everyone with chronic pain must read this book?and let me know what you think.
5. My partner and I have booked a few days in London in a few weeks. We are so excited. One of the things we are going to do is climb the O2. And we’re grateful that we’ve been able to get booked in to a hotel with amazing views of the O2 and the River Thames. I will of course be doing a blog post about our trip.
What are you grateful for this week?
If you like my blog and posts, why don’t you subscribe and get notified every time I publish a new blog post.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]