Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
I was inspired by the blog Milly’s Guide to do a regular #FridayFive gratitude blog post of my own. Focusing on what we are grateful for and the positives of our week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things.
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can?t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Practicing gratitude is a simple way to try and change your mindset and it easily becomes a habit the more you do it.
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week (in fact, there are more than 5!):
1. On the weekend we had a real good mix of being productive, doing chores, and making time for ourselves. We were determined to start staining the garden fence – a task neither my partner nor I particularly enjoy. I am grateful that we had the time to get it started and it looked so much better even after the first coat.
2. I am grateful that my friend came over to visit and we had brunch on Sunday morning. We work together in our day jobs but we have never met before. It was like meeting my Pen Pal! We had some delicious food before heading out for a walk in the sunshine.
3. In my 10 tips for new bloggers post, I mentioned that I had signed up to Emma Drew’s online course Turn Your Dreams into Money. As part of the course, you get a Blog Critique done by Emma, which I was sent last week. Well, I was so embarrassed! I hadn’t even checked my blog on a laptop and the formatting wasn’t quite as it should be – a rookie error! So since then, I have spent numerous hours (including some 5:30am starts!) to sorting out my formatting and getting it looking much more professional and correct. And to make it easier I bought myself a MacBook; up until now, I’ve been doing all my blog work on my iPad and iPhone – and of course the formatting looked fine on there. There’s lots of things ?I am grateful for – Emma’s honest comments about my blog, having the right equipment to up my blogging game, and having time in the day to spend on my blog. These early starts have had a huge impact on my daily productivity, and if anything, I have much more energy.
4. I am still doing lots of reading about blogging, and I am grateful that my local library has a good selection of blogging-related books that I can borrow. My latest book to read is WordPress for Dummies. I’m also grateful for all the very useful information I have come across about GDPR and that I have managed (hopefully) to get my website fully complaint.
5. There have been some really good drama series on TV lately. We’ve been watching The Split (BBC), Innocent (ITV), and we are now watching 13 Reasons Why Season 2 (Netflix). I’m grateful that we have Netflix and catch-up TV so that we can watch at our leisure – I’m also grateful that we haven’t seen any spoilers on social media!