Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
I’m having a bit of a lull with my blog at the moment; my motivation is there but my energy isn’t. I’m putting this down to my increase in pain over the last few weeks and my difficulty in sleeping. So, I am taking a break from publishing on my blog to get a chunk of blog posts together and to take away some of the pressure of working to my weekly Sunday publishing schedule. And I have a couple of questions that you can help me with.
My first 6 months
My blog is 6 months old this week and I am so proud of what I have achieved so far (in no particular order):
- A professional looking blog and brand
- Getting some fantastic feedback from my readers
- Knowing that I have helped others with chronic pain
- Making friends with other bloggers
- Pushing myself outside my comfort zone in what I am writing about
- Hitting 1,173 views in one day!
Like I mentioned in my 10 tips for new bloggers post, a good way to run a blog is to get ahead with your writing and scheduling. I made this mistake from day one and I feel like I have been playing catch up ever since. This has added unwanted pressure to myself to get ahead of the game with my own blog. Rather than struggle on as I am and rush writing my posts, I want to do the very best that I can, dedicate some time to doing more research, and come up with a blogging publishing schedule for the next few months.
For those of you that don’t know, I also work full-time, so trying to dedicate a regular schedule to work on my blog has always been tricky. I’ve also had quite a stressful time in work lately, and this has definitely contributed towards my increased pain levels. I fear that if I don’t take some time out then I can potentially make things worse for myself and I will not be achieving what I want to achieve with my blog and ultimately it won’t become the success that I want it to be.
So, I have two questions that I’m hoping you can help me with.
1. Have you ever taken a break from publishing on your blog?
I’m keen to know:
- How did you go about it?
- How long a break did you have?
- What tips can you share to help me?
- Anything else you think I might find helpful.
And my second question is…
2. What do you want to know from me about living a life with chronic pain?
I want to write what you, my readers, want to read and learn about and I am interested in what you want to know from me:
- Do you have chronic pain and want to ask me a question?
- Are you a physio or other specialist and want to know more about my treatment or my chronic pain journey so far?
- Do you have a specific blog post topic that you want me to write about?
- Do you know someone with chronic pain and want to know more about how you can help them?
- Feel free to ask me anything relating to chronic pain, wellbeing, anxiety, staying positive or general stuff about me.
Please do comment below and I will use these suggestions to help me plan my blog for the next few months.
I have lots of ideas of my own and am so excited about writing these posts, but I think a little steer from my readers will really help me get ahead of the game with my posts.
Keep in touch!