Some posts on NotebooksandGlasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
This is my weekly post where I share what I have been grateful for over the last week. Being grateful and focusing on the positives of our days and week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things. It can also help with worry and anxiety.
Here are 5 things I am grateful for this week
1. I signed up with a new email marketing provider and, after a few attempts, I finally sorted my blog post update emails. I still have a lot to learn and need to get more confident at sending these updates, but Mailchimp gives much more flexibility and I hope to start writing and sending newsletters soon.
2. I bought myself a new woolly hat – I just love them, and try and get a new one each year.
3. It’s been a tough week with one thing and another, but on Saturday I made sure I put my own wellbeing first and had some time for me. I sometimes feel guilty for doing this, but self-care is essential to ensure we look after ourselves. I watched Bridget Jones’s Baby on Netflix and switching off from reality and having a few good laughs really made me feel better. (Thank you to Miss C for encouraging me to do all of this.)
Have you read my latest blog posts?
4. I had another appointment at my Pain Management Clinic this week. I didn’t want to get my hopes up about what they can offer, but deep down I think I did. I was really disappointed that they could only offer short-term relief options that were unlikely to work. And the reality of me having this pain for the rest of my life really hit me. What I am grateful for though, is that I have learned to manage my pain over the last 6 years, and that I can cope with it as best I can, despite my bad days. Some people struggle much more than me and I really feel for everyone who does; it must be so difficult to cope.
5. I’m grateful that I am sleeping well this week. I feel absolutely exhausted and thankfully I am getting a good night’s sleep to help me manage my pain and fatigue better.
What are you grateful for this week?