Some posts on notebooksandglasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
This is my weekly post where I share what I have been grateful for over the last week.?Being grateful and focusing on the positives of our days and week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things.
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can?t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Being grateful is a simple way to try to change your mindset and it soon becomes a habit the more you do it.
I recently did a book review of Betsy Craig’s book Unstoppable: A recipe for success in life and business.?One of Betsy?s principles is gratitude and this?is summed up extremely well in the quote below:
?Coming from a space of gratitude can change your perspective and outlook on life. It causes you to open your eyes and notice the good things happening all around you. It doesn?t mean there won?t be challenges, but they are no longer the focus. Your attention falls on what you do have instead of what you don?t.?
I was inspired to do a weekly gratitude blog post after reading the #FridayFive posts on Milly’s Guide.
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week:
1. Finally getting our front garden sorted. Ok, we cheated a little and paid a gardener for a couple of hours work to do the boring and strenuous bits like weeding and cutting the hedge. But after he’d done this we (well, Miss C) got on with levelling out the soil and laying down the gravel. And wow! It looks so much better. We’ve got a few bits to sort this weekend but seeing it now is encouraging us to get it finished off.
2. I decided to try Deep Heat Muscle Massage Roll-On for my neck pain. I don’t like the spray stuff as the smell is really strong and you end up spraying it everywhere. This, though, has a herbal fragrance (in fact I couldn’t really smell anything) and you can roll it exactly where you want it. It gets quite hot too, and I’m grateful that it did help. I’ll be doing a product review of it after I have used it a while.
3. I ordered a Tisserand diffuser which arrived the next day (thanks to Amazon Prime). So far I absolutely love it. I wanted something to help manage my stress and anxiety. I’ll be doing a full review of this too after I have used it a while.
Have you read some of my recent blog posts?
4. I had a guest post published on the Scope online community this week. This was a very proud moment for me and my blog. Scope is a charity that aims to make the UK a country where disabled people have the same opportunities as everyone else. My post was about my top 5 ways to cope with chronic pain.
5. I had one of my favourite takeaways on the weekend – an Indian. I’m always grateful for one of these and always really enjoy it. Lamb Tikka Korma – every time.
What are you grateful for this week? share in the comments below.
If you like my blog and posts, subscribe below and get notified every time I publish a new blog post.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]