Some posts on NotebooksandGlasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
I was inspired by the blog Milly’s Guide to do a regular #FridayFive gratitude blog post of my own. Focusing on what we are grateful for and the positives of our week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things.
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can’t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Practicing gratitude is a simple way to try and change your mindset and it easily becomes a habit the more you do it.
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week:
1. It was another glorious sunny weekend here in the north west of England last weekend. Miss C and I hate gardening, but we were determined to finish staining the garden fencing. We got all of it done apart from one small section of fencing because we ran out of stain. It looks so much better and the garden feels a lot smarter and enjoyable.
2. I got some new glasses this week after having my two-yearly eye test. My prescription has slightly changed which means I needed a spectacles upgrade. Always an excuse to get some new glasses! I’m grateful that they only took 4 days to arrive from ordering.
3. For Father’s Day this year I booked to hire a canal boat for the day on the Llangollen Canal. My Dad was so excited about going and I am grateful for some more glorious weather. Look out for next week’s post about our day on the canal.
Have you read my recent Sunday blog posts?
4. I’m grateful to one of my closest friends and her boyfriend who cooked me an amazing risotto and home-baked cupcakes for dinner this week. The risotto was the nicest I’ve ever tasted. And the cupcakes were absolutely delicious!
5. Like most English people this week, I’m also grateful for England doing a brilliant job and getting through to the knock-out stages of the World Cup.
My 5 things are shorter this week as I’ve had a very busy few days and suffered with more pain as a result. It’s been challenging getting comfy today after my physio session but I’m pleased I’ve managed to get this post together ready for my Friday schedule.
What are you grateful for this week? share in the comments below.
If you like my blog and posts, subscribe below and get notified every time I publish a new blog post.