This post may contain affiliate links.
I was inspired by the blog Milly’s Guide to do a regular #FridayFive gratitude blog post of my own. Focusing on what we are grateful for and the positives of our week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things.
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can’t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Practicing gratitude is a simple way to try and change your mindset and it easily becomes a habit the more you do it.
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week:
- I am grateful for some quality family time last Saturday. Me, my partner, and our two Westies, Milo and Wesley, went to our local pub for a drink in the beer garden. We also walked there and back (half an hour each way) so we soon hit our exercise and step goals.
2. I am grateful for some quality time with my Dad. We went for a canal walk with Wesley and the weather was beautiful. Look out for my blog post about this on Sunday.
3. I had some physio this week – my first session in 6 weeks. I am grateful that my neck pain is much more manageable these days and I don’t need to see my physio as often. My physio tape seems to be working.
4. I am grateful for my KeepCup. I do my bit for the environment and take it with me when getting a take-out coffee – I use it instead of the cardboard ones provided.
5. I am grateful for all the positive comments about my A letter from the girl with anxiety to the tradesman who never showed up blog post. This was a really easy post to write but it was really hard hitting publish. The feedback I got has been overwhelming and I’m really glad I posted it.I am grateful that my neck pain is much more manageable these days and I don't need to see my physio as often.Click To Tweet
What are you grateful for this week?