Some posts on NotebooksandGlasses.com may contain affiliate links. Click on my Disclosure page to read more.
I was inspired by the blog Milly’s Guide to do a regular #FridayFive gratitude blog post of my own. Focusing on what we are grateful for and the positives of our week can lead to better wellbeing, happiness, and can really change our outlook on things.
When you have chronic pain it is extremely important to focus on the positives and the things you are grateful for. Dwelling on the negatives and the things you can?t control can add to your anxiety and stress, and make it even harder to manage your pain. Practicing gratitude is a simple way to try and change your mindset and it easily becomes a habit the more you do it.
Here are 5 of the things I am grateful for this week:
1. I have a fitness goal of doing at least 15 minutes of skipping every other day. I?m grateful that I am getting the hang of it and improving my skills each time I do it. I first started skipping last year and I couldn?t do more than 5 jumps in a row, now I?m doing 50+ jumps. Seeing how I?m improving is really motivating and I?m also building up my fitness too.
2. This week I received my Annual Bloggers Bash Award nomination badge. I’m so grateful and happy to have this as I’m still a newish blogger – I started my blog in September 2017. To be nominated for an award makes me so proud of my blog – I even wrote a little blog post about it.
3. The weather has been so up and down this week but I am grateful for the sunshine that we’ve had. It generally makes me feel better and makes it much easier to get out and hit my 10,000 steps. I’ve also enjoyed some quality ‘family time’ walks with my better half and my two Westies.
4. I’m grateful for my good friend in work who makes me laugh so much and really cheers me up when having a tough time. She too has chronic pain so understands how hard things can be. We get on so well and really support each other, even though we’ve never met!
5. I’m grateful for time in my day to read my Kindle. I only read non-fiction books and at the moment I am learning so much.
What are you grateful for this week?
Want to learn more about gratitude? Read the Milly?s Guide blog post How to practice gratitude for a happier life?